Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Proclaim Hair glue for nail art?


     Good morning everyone. I'm posting a little later than normal today, the whole day light savings thing has really messed with my internal clock and has thrown everything off for me. Anyone else feeling it's effects? 

     Today I have a review of the Proclaim hair glue that people have been using  in nail art lately. Hair glue for nail art? No I'm not crazy, it works as a mask around your nails to help with clean up. The product  was first brought to my attention by Amanda of Amanda Loves Polish when she posted a quick video and I immediately knew I wanted to try it.  After all anything that can make clean up easier is my kind of product!


     I picked this bottle up at Sally's for about $1.37. It's available in 2 colors light and dark and is a much cheaper alternative than liquid palisade. I went with the dark version so I could make sure I would be able to see it on my skin. 

     Application was a bit tricky and I ended up making a bit of a mess. I posted a picture on IG and Facebook with it on my fingers and received a lot of comments about decanting it into an empty polish bottle. Unfortunately I don't have any empty bottles laying around so I had to improvise. I started with a base of Milani White on the Spot and applied the glue once that was dry. 


     The hair glue goes on with a med/dark grey color and turns black when completely dry. It's a bit tacky even when dry and my fingers wanted to stick together on the sides. Which made taking the picture interesting to say the least.  As you can see from the picture above that there was a bit of a learning curve to my application but by the time I reached my pinky things had smoothed out.

     I tried to get as close to the nail bed as I could since my cuticle area is what gives me the most trouble during clean up. For some reason my cuticles always feel rough and dry even 5 minutes after applying cuticle oil. Because of this nail polish sticks to them like a magnet and never fully wants to come off. I suspect this is due to years of having my cuticles clipped at nail salons. They are slowly getting better but still are a major issue for me when it comes to messy nail art like gradients and water marbles. For this test I went with a gradient and I love how the colors look together!



     Wow look at the shimmery mess I've got going on! For my gradient I used Sally Hansen Black and Blue and Loves me Not from the complete Salon manicure line. Both are colors that I typically have a hard time cleaning off my skin. As you can see on my pinky I didn't cover quite enough of my finger and I have a little polish by the knuckle. I mention that because I want to make sure you notice how sheer Black and Blue is. That's important to note for the removal photo coming up and knowing what exactly is left on my tips. 

     Removal was not quite as easy as all those quick little videos of the liquid palisade is but didn't give me too much trouble. For the most part it peeled off in one piece, but not in one tug. I had to use my tweezers to slowly work my way around the nail. This may have been cause by my iffy application of the product though and I was left with little pieces around my nails.


     Those little pieces proved to be challenging to get off with my tweezers but came off easily with a little remover and Q-tip.  I did still have the issue of polish pooling at my cuticles which is what I was hoping to avoid. Next time I'll have to remember to apply the glue around the edge of my nail to avoid that. 

     Overall thoughts? This product does work well for clean up, but the application process is a bit of a pain. Will I use this again? Yes but only because I hate to waste a product. Would I purchase it again? Maybe in a pinch since it's easily available but most likely not.  Since picking this up quite a few other alternative products have come out and I'd like to give one of them a try. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Polishing! 



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar