Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Calling Young Homemakers


My friend Dena sent me a link to A Subscription for Despair over at yet another entertaining midwestern blog, A Hole in the Head.

The writer talks about a stack of Women's Household magazines from the mid-1960's that he bought at a yard sale. Whew. It really does look bleak.

That got me thinking. Miz Bubs recently got her first issue of Craft magazine, and she and the Mad Seamstress have been busy planning new projects. We found out about Craft at the Renegade Craft fair in Wicker Park earlier this year--a hipster arts n crafts show.

So here's what I want to know: how are all these tattooed, Bettie Page-looking, "I'm foxy and crafty" chicks (and the men who love them) going to seem 40 years from now when someone buys a stack of Bust magazines at a yard sale?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar