Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Memories


Not one flake, not one drop of snow fell in my area.
I woke to quiet and thought, aha, we are buried in snow again. sigh ... then I got up and looked. Grass, a road, houses, everything normal and Snow-Free !!

I am thankful. I am tired of that claustrophobic trapped in the house feeling with feet of snow piled up outside the door. 
The cats are being annoying. All is normal again.

Someone made an offer on the house.
I am going to accept it.
It isn't as much as I hoped for but ... it never is, is it ?

The house in the photo ... Our First Home ( that we bought - there were plenty that we lived in before that)
When we bought it , it was brown, dark brown/black shingles , aged and dingy and tired looking.
The street used to be a "moonshiners hide-out" .. Up off the road were the stills and illegal goings on.
Then times changed, someone built a house and there ended up being about 8 houses on this hill .. each one different in style and each on beautiful. Except for ours. It was waiting for someone to come love it.
And love it we did.

The sale of that house, 7 years later, gave us the freedom to move/ travel/explore the world a bit more than just a 2 week holiday in Paris.

I loved that house .. 
It is so full of great memories. 

There was an offer made on my house. I accepted. I will have to start finding a mover, boxes, pack .. drive to Florida all by myself with 2 cats. I wish I could turn back time, I would be on the sofa in that house with my husband, listening to music with a nice big fire in the fireplace.
And Pup sleeping by the sofa and the cat so close to the fire that we used to have to check to be sure he wasn't toasted.

Memories .. we are so lucky to have the good ones. Even when they hurt.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar